I am starting to collect names of Y3-6 children who are interested in playing hockey during Terms 2 and 3 this year. Games start on Sat 12 May and finish on Sat 25 August.
Practices for Year 3-6 teams will be at school on Mondays 3pm – 4pm or on the Napier Intermediate School turf 3.30pm – 4.30pm. All games will be held at Park Island on Saturday mornings during Terms 2 and 3 (and sometimes at Unison Stadium Hastings for Y5-6 Kiwi Sticks). We are hoping to have a pre-season training session for the Y5-6 players on Sunday 8 April 9am at the Napier Intermediate turf.
Your child will need shin pads, a mouth guard and a hockey stick (let me know if your child would like to borrow a hockey stick from school). This year, hockey will cost $35 per child which covers affiliation fees, turf costs and competition entry fees. Please do not pay until I have sorted out teams and I have informed the school office – I will let you know when this is.
For each hockey team to go ahead, we require the following help from parents:
· Coach – to teach basic skills and strategies on Mondays after school and to be at each game at Park Island.
· Manager – to help the coach at matches and to organise team contact details, first aid and Player of the Day certificates.
· Referee – to referee (alongside the referee from the opposing team) at every match.
Please note: if we cannot get enough parent help, the teams cannot go ahead.
Send me an email giving permission for your child to play hockey during Terms 2 and 3 2018 by Wednesday 21 March. Include the following information:
· My child is a beginner player / has played hockey before
· My child would like to borrow a school hockey stick Yes / No
· Your cellphone number
· If your child is Year 5/6 please let me know if they are available for the pre-season training on Sun 8 April.
· I can help by being:
- Team manager
- Team coach
- Team referee